Tuesday, January 8, 2008

TRON Coming to XBOX Arcade and New Release Day


That's right, get your Jeff Bridges on and battle Master Control. TRON is coming to arcade. This was announced with relatively little fanfare, since Microsoft seems to be giving a big push to Omega Five (which is released the same day). But then again, Microsoft probably knows this one is going to be huge no matter what they do, after the success of last years TMNT. I mean this is TRON, considered by many to be the greatest arcade cabinet title of all time. I have a friend who has been trying to buy a TRON cabinet for years, not only are they extremely hard to find, they are outrageously expensive when they do pop up. But now this classic can be yours for a mere 400 MS points (which is a super annoying way of saying 5 bucks). Three Words, TRON nerds. Light cycles online.

On the DVD front, nothing super exciting is hitting today. Two of note, "3:10 to Yuma" and "Sunshine." I think they both look like renters. I haven't seem either. Probably will  pick up Sunshine this weekend. Alex Garland wrote the script. He's beyond talented. He's a genius. "28 Days Later" and "The Beach," the novel, are two of my favorites.

2 comments:

weenie said...

That outfit...it's just so wrong!!!

Evel Brando said...

Yeah it is. Wasn't the graphic I was looking for but when I saw it it was love.